Thursday, April 9, 2015

marking time

I'm finally watching the Aaron Swartz documentary.   Sitting next to N[athan], one of the four kiddos who started CSCL, with H[alley] who's back from Germany and D[ina] whose kid gave me his Easter candy to help ease the tax burden.  Last day of my first class teaching kids about mass incarceration, tax day, when we'll make it through yet again at all odds.   Today I am feeling good about the world.

I'd like to think that Aaron would like Parts and Crafts, and would hang out here on his vacation time, hacking camera stuff or running github workshops or teaching kids how to use IRC.  In the meantime, we keep on keepin' on, making tool libraries and running free schools and building up freedom schools, making education an open access project.  Insisting on existing, being licensed, occupying spaces, and making shit happen.   I didn't die two years ago, and I'm pleased about that,

It took me a long time to get here, and I'm so very pleased about the ride so far.   Here's to you, Aaron, for making the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment